wanting to have my own cloud server for files and media. I am under the
impression that to have my own domain name I would need to do that through
NOIP. Is there another way to have name address resolution without NoIp?
-----Original Message----- From: Richard Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2021
1:19 PM To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re:  Issues with
accessing web page using DNS URL > Date: Wednesday, August 18, 2021 12:48:36
-0500 > From: wendellkbest@xxxxxxxxx > > I am wondering if anyone has any
idea as to what could be happening to > prevent me from using the URL I have
set up with No-IP. > > Particulars: > > 1. I have a static IP > 2. I setup
NOIP to send port 80 traffic to port 8080 > > I can use the internal IP
address on my home network and bring up my > web page. I can input the
static IP of my router and access my web > page. If I use the web address
URL I set up with No-Ip it just times > out. Does anyone have any ideas why
this is the case? > Not a lot of detail to work from ... Are you using NAT
for your network behind the router? If so, are you port-forwarding the
necessary port(s) to the target machine's internal/lan IPnumber? Separately,
if you have a static (public) IPnumber why not set up DNS rather than using
"no-ip", which is intended for cases where you *don't* have a static
IPnumber.