Re: Sending mail from Apache Module

On Saturday 31 July 2021 at 11:46:50, Harald Schlangmann wrote:

> First post to this group, so please forgive anything I'm doing wrong.

Welcome.

> Problem: everything is going fine except for sending a confirmation mail to
> users once a booking has been successful. I use
> https://github.com/somnisoft/smtp-client as a simple C based SMTP client
> embedded into the module. While the function to send a mail is working
> fine when compiling it as a separate C program and running it from the
> command line, it fails when embedding  the function into my Apache module.

Show us details of what "fails" means.

Minimum: what shows up in Apache's log files when the email is supposed to be
sent.

Maybe helpful: a packet capture (using something like tcpdump or tshark) of
any communication with the remote mail server.

Also "For SMTP, port 465 and TLS security (openssl) is used."

Try starting simple and eliminate the TLS - just send SMTP to some mail server
on port 25.  If that works, we know it's not the module per se, and we can
focus on the SSL library.

Antony.

--
People say that nothing is impossible, so I try to do the impossible every
day.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.