Re: AddOutputFilterByType: does it work with LuaOutputFilter?

On Sun, Jul 25, 2021 at 8:17 AM sebb <sebbaz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I cannot get AddOutputFilterByType to work with anything other than
> standard filters such as DEFLATE.
>
> Is it supposed to work with user-defined filters such as
> LuaOutputFilter, or with filters defined using mod_ext_filter?

It looks like they don't work currently.

Even for a config as simple as AddOutputFilterByType, mod_filter
creates a new filter that delegates to a provider. But when it calls
the provider, the filter name is modified (in this case it has the
prefix "BYTYPE:") as if you did e.g.  "FilterProvider
BYTYPE:myluafilter myluafilter"

Dynamic stuff like mod_ext_filter and mod_lua key off the filter name
to look up the right configured command/code.

For at least the AddOutputFilterByType it might be easy to hack around
in the two provider modules. But to make them work with
FilterDeclare/FilterProvider it would probably require changes on the
mod_filter side since the name change is not predictable.