Aw: Re: Newer Apache does not offer TLS cipher with TLSv1 anymore

Thanks for your answer, Stefan.

So I would suggest to make the documentation of SSLProtocol clear like this:

"
You need to name the 'highest' protocol and the 'lowest' protocol, and all protocols in between them, without gap.

E.g. if You want to support TLSv1.2 and TLSv1.0, you need to set

SSLProtocol -all +TLSv1.2 +TLSv1.1 +TLSv1

If you would only set

SSLProtocol -all +TLSv1.2 +TLSv1

Apache would stop at TLSv1.2 because there is a gap in the protocol list, and only support TLSv1.2

If you only want to support TLSv1.2, you would set

SSLProtocol TLSv1.2
"

I mean, this is weird, but if it is really like so, you should be brave and document this weirdness like it is, or fix it.

How could the useres figure this behaviour out otherwise? It took me hours to find the solution, and only by guessing and trying.