apache routing issue

Hi,

I have identified an issue but I haven't  isolated it yet.
I think I have, may be.
I am going to  list the steps as I pin it down and post it them
because I know there is an issue.

It is a  domain name identification issue by Apache.
May be it a known issue.

Problem description:

I had two machines with two apache servers.
But now I only have one machine.
I am going to call this machine A.

There are four domains directed at my router from the DNS on IP external IP.

I have switched off the only machine that was running and now
I am getting the expected problem loading page.
that's correct.

I turned on the apache sever.

I have  enabled  two of the domains which are directed to their respective
index.html file. this is also correct

The other two domains which are coming down from the DNS  are not enabled yet  are returning
an unexpected Outcomes:
blue.ddns.net  prompted for security risk,  do you wish to continue
then displayed the index page of one of the other websites already
setup and enabled.

brown.ddns.net is also returning the same websites. The same website as blue with same prompt
for security.

When it really should be returning a 404 because I haven't set up or enabled the blue or brown sites as virtual hosts.

Expected Problem:
I am expect when  I turn on my second machine , machine B.
Even after I set up and enable blue and brown on machine B.

The browser is going to  ignore  server on machine B
and keep going back to machine A.

I have to do bit of extra work to setup  machine B on an unrelated issue
so I cannot confirm my expectation at the moment.

Conclusion:
This means  I  can only host my four websites on one machine.
If I want  the sites to be served from machine B I suspect I will have to
remove all sites from machine because machine A is taking priority.

Does this issue sound familiar ?
I cannot say for exact for now as I do not have machine B setup yet.
But this was happening when I was not looking for the problem in this way.

emma davis
emma.davis76@xxxxxxx