Re: RE: missing mod_ssl

>They are packaged by the OS vendors using their native package
> management. No separate binaries.

Meaning that when I use  apt to download binaries
I get outdated version not recommended by Apache.

https://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi#apache24
"Only current recommended releases are available on the main distribution site and its mirrors. Historical releases, including the 1.3, 2.0 and 2.2 families of releases, are available from the archive download site."

Debian apt version 2.4.38-3+deb10u4
Hence I download latest the source and compiled it.