Re: missing mod_ssl

Assuming your working directory is /etc/apache2, list the contents of the mods-available folder with "ls" to see if the ssl module is present.
Repeat this process on the mods-enabled folder to see if this module is present. If the latter is untrue, type "sudo a2enmod ssl.conf" and "sudo a2enmod ssl.load".

The Apache2 documentation's labeling of modules is deceptive relative to what the names of the actual modules are after installation. Keep this in mind regardless of whether you are building for yourself or downloading from a repo.

Eric Shields 🚏 MassTransitHonchkrow

Ask me about the Krowverse Suite of Services.