Trying to serve pages to localhost

Esteemed helpers,
I have a Ubuntu 20.04 LAMP server running apache2 2.4.41

I have a VirtualHost on 443 with a letsencrypt certificate, and it works fine. I have constructed a page and proved it renders on this VirtualHost. The page displays a bootstrap modal.

What I want to do is render that modal on a local browser and then screenshot it and write it to a file.

I came across the nodejs lib puppeteer which does exactly what I want.

My problem is I cannot reliably serve pages to the node app. After one or two successful runs the node app hangs waiting for the modal to be displayed.

I have set up another VirtualHost localhost:80, pointing to the same document root as my working VH, and make requests for my page using http://localhost/...

I have configured logging in both VH's but requests are appearing in my SSL log and not the (different) localhost (http) log.

I think I might be missing something fundamental here about the way localhost is treated?

Can anyone point me in the right direction please? I feel this can be done, but am going round in circles currently.

I do have mod_security installed and have been watching the logs carefully. I have added a rule to allow 127.0.0.1

All/any help much appreciated, regards, Paul