Re: Monitoring httpd server performance

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 06:37:56PM -0400, H wrote:
> Some of you may have read or participated in solving the issue I had setting up a CentOS 7 server to serve php apps requiring different php versions. This is now working.
>
> The next step is to monitor the web server, ie apache, with respect to various load measurements, also access by various IP addresses etc. etc.
>
> I know there are a variety of apps to do so but would like to solicit recommendations/suggestions.

Munin does a good job for me, so far as monitoring and graphing HTTPD
accesses/unit time, traffic volume, the process pool, load times, etc.
It can also keep tabs on the utilization of hardware and a lot of other
stuff.

Nagios is good at watching for potential problems and messaging me as
needed.

For traffic analysis I usually just use Analog, and old one but good
enough for my modest needs.

Monit is useful for detecting hung or crashed services and restarting
them.

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst