Re: Logging issue

On Friday 23 April 2021 at 18:01:58, paul.leo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Quick question re: DNS.  Can CNAMEs be used, or can they only be A records?
> (Assuming each sub-domain is on same IP address as domain.

You can use CNAMEs.

Just bear in mind that if you do use a CNAME for a hostname, you cannot have
anything else (including another CNAME) for that hostname.

So, if you want a hostname to resolve to one IP address and not have any MX
records etc, a CNAME is fine.

If the hostname needs to resolve to more than one IP address, or resolve to an
address and also have an MX record, or similar, then you cannot use a CNAME.

Antony.

--
It is also possible that putting the birds in a laboratory setting
inadvertently renders them relatively incompetent.

 - Daniel C Dennett

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.