Re: Apache Reverse Proxy and HTTPS.

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 3:05 PM Michael Wechner
<michael.wechner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> sure, happy to help! I also received a lot of help on mailing lists :-)
>
> I also understand Nick's statement though, that in order to learn, you
> have to dig in yourself.
>
> But it can be a difficult balance sometimes, because sometimes one
> cannot see the forest for the trees anymore.
>
> I have been more than 20 years on public mailing lists and the
> question/answer patterns are still the same.... well, let's see, maybe
> we can break the patterns in the near future :-)

Hmmmmm

Answers like your's DO help change things.
The rtfm answers are most often given by those that have likely done
this thousands of times  and they NEED very little to complete most
anything. Those of us starting out, on the other hand, need more than
the far too terse things masquerading as docs all too often.

I have been able to figure out ONE such system but it took lots of
hours and lots of repetition except now it seems like I'm an
expert - - - - except I'm not - - - - I just beat my head against the
wall long enough and experimented enough so that I now know
what I'm doing with ONE program.

Now with something that is connected to the web - - - - - would you
want to suffer through ten or maybe even twenty iterations before
you got it right - - - - with every iteration having you open to
malicious ingress? Not I - - - - and that's why I am appreciating
your assistance. - - - You've saved me a lot of work - - - - - it doesn't
seem much to you but to someone to whom the docs are far too terse
- - - well an example makes all the difference.

Thanks