Re: Re: Related question on having multiple subdomains on one host

On 04/09/2021 09:45 PM, Richard wrote:

>> On 04/09/2021 03:50 PM, H wrote:
>> I have been trying to configure running both php 7.0 and 7.2 on
>> one host, certain sites using the former and others the latter.
>
> While you say you need to run both php 7.0 and 7.2 I don't see that
> you have explained why.
>
> I scanned through the changelogs from 7.2.0 back to 7.0. I may have
> missed something but nothing popped out as breaking backwards
> compatibility between 7.2 to 7.0. [actually, i think that there is
> one backwards incompatible change, but it's security-related so if
> it's in older PHP code that code should be updated.]

You are correct, I had not. I need to run various web applications that have been compatibility tested with various databases, various versions of php etc. It is not possible for me to test if their requirements are overly restrictive or not with regard to eg php version (or database version for that matter), I simply need to go with the recommended configurations.