Re: Cannot write to the web directory

On 3/18/21 4:18 PM, Paul wrote:
Would like to upload a file to have wordpress functionality working or be able to upload a file. User permissions are set at 777 owner is www, os is freebsd, the freebsd mailing list claims it’s not their issue but tried to assert assistance nevertheless. What can I do so I can upload a file via httpd is there something in the configuration directory?

In addition to angel's advice (never, ever, set anything to 777) the next question is, what does the error log say?

The error log will tell you why it failed. Or, possibly since it's wordpress, your php error log (if php is logging somewhere else, for example, if you're running php-fpm).

--Rich

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@xxxxxxxxxxx
@rbowen