Re: Apache Reverse Proxy for more than one website.

On Wednesday 17 March 2021 at 17:53:03, Jason Long wrote:

> Thank you Antony.
> No, Google and Yahoo are exmaple.

So, please use more meaningful names when asking your questions.  I've already
said that using existing domains which are not yours misleads the person
answering into thinking you really are trying to use these services.

> > however you manage that using DNS
>
> You meant was my DNS server that when a client write "google.com" in
> his\her browser and it forward to my Reverse Proxy server with that name
> and my Reverse Proxy server forward that request to properly server.
> Right?

I think the answer to that is "yes".

More specifically, I mean that when someone enters "google.com" into their
browser, the DNS server which that machine is using will return the IP address
of your proxy server so that the request goes to it.

Now, if you do not mean "google.com" but instead something like
"wiki.example.com" then the DNS result for wiki.example.com simply needs to
point at your reverse proxy, and assuming that you own example.com this is
easy to do.

Antony.

--
What makes you think I know what I'm talking about?
I just have more O'Reilly books than most people.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.