Re: Apache Reverse Proxy for more than one website.

On Wednesday 17 March 2021 at 13:25:34, Jason Long wrote:

> No, I don't need a load balance.

Okay, so each request goes to one back-end server, and if that server is
unavailable, the request fails.  You do not expect the request to be sent to
another backend server instead.

> I want my Reverse Proxy service to these web servers. Each servers has a
> different domain name and IP address.

I find it highly confusing that you have called these servers yahoo.com and
google.com.  Those servers already exist out on the Internet and they're not
yours.

Please choose more meaningful names in what you tell us (by all means use
example.com for your domain if you don't want to publish anything which really
is yours, but similarly don't confuse the issue by using names which do exist
but are not yours).

> My Yahoo.com server maybe turned off or...but I want my Apache Reverse Proxy
> service to Google.com server.
>
> Is it clear?

Not quite.

Tell us what should happen in the following cases (I have modified the names
used, I hope this is clear):

serviceA.example.com is being reverse proxied to machine1.example.com

serviceB.example.com is being reverse proxied to machine2.example.com

What happens when someone requests serviceA.example.com and both
machine1.example.com and machine2.example.com are operational?

What happens when someone requests serviceA.example.com and
machine1.example.com is unreachable, turned off, or refusing to reply?

Regards,

Antony.

--
"Remember: the S in IoT stands for Security."

 - Jan-Piet Mens

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.