Re: mod_md and DNS challenge

Hello!

I would advise the following:
- configure 'LogLevel md:trace2' to see all the details the module does until you have analyzed it
- remove the "staging/foo+bar" folder with the failed attempt
- reload your server

mod_md will pick up that foo+bar needs renewal and you will see in the log when your script is called and what it returned.

Whoa, that helped a lot :)

Okay, let's take this one step at a time:

- Indeed, the shell script is called and actually does the right thing. I wasn't aware that httpd has it's private /tmp and /var/tmp, so I couldn't find the expected files.

- And indeed, on very rare occasions, the process finished and I received a valid certificate. At the moment, I have problems that Let's Encrypt does not register the update of the DNS record. As soon as I stop one request and start a new one, Let's Encrypt sees the DNS entries of the previous try. This might be a problem with TTLs on our side, I'll have to investigate more.

- In the rare case, where registering the certificate succeeded, I could see in the logs something about "teardown", but I couldn't find any hint that the script was actually called to remove the TXT entry. I.e. I find entries like

dns-01 setup command: /data/acme/mod_md_worker.sh setup ...

but entries like

order teardown setup dns-01:...

where not followed by an actual call to the script.

Thanks so far for the help!

Joern

--
Jörn Clausen