Re: What should be considered about the reverse proxy server? [EXT]

On Thursday 11 March 2021 at 13:20:32, Jason Long wrote:

> Hello,
> Can anyone answer to my questions?
>
> 1- What does "handle backend server down" mean?

You have to decide what the proxy is supposed to do if the back-end server
which it would normally pass requests on to is unable to handle those
requests.

> 2- Can I launch a Reverse Proxy without Apache Web Server?

Yes.  You install what most people would call the "Apache web server" but you
configure it in such as way that it is a reverse proxy and not an origin server
(technical term for something that provides its own content in response to
requests).

> 3- In general, an Apache Reverse Proxy Server is just some lines to forward
> the requests?

Yes, that and a few modules which need to be loaded.  It's all in the
configuration files.

Antony.

--
#define SIX 1+5
#define NINE 8+1

int main() {
    printf("%d\n", SIX * NINE);
}
	- thanks to ECB for bringing this to my attention

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.