Expected behavior for "If-Modified-Since: <now>" and CGI generated content?

Hi,

I've a resource generated by a CGI script (the result changes, it
depends on the X-Forwarded-For header). Now the server receives requests
for this resource.

The requests have set the "If-Modified-Since" header
to the current timestamp. The server now *always* responds with "Not
Modified".  I understand that this is basically right, since the
resource can't be modified in an infinite small amount of time.

But how can I (the CGI script) convince the server, to evaluate the
"Expires: 0" header (or maybe another one) and ignore the
If-Modified-Since?

There is a workaround, a can delete the If-Modified-Since header before
processing the request, but that seems to be a workaround only. I think,
the producer of the variable content should have a way to tell the
server *Please do not respond with 304 for my content".

I checked the source of modules/http/protocol_http.c, it seems to be
there already for at least 7 years, so I believe, it's mature.

Setting the "Last-Modified" header in the CGI script to a date in the
future doesn't work, as Apache seems to cap it to the current date.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann