Re: Re: Customizing the HTTP Reason Phrase

Solved it !
The module was not loaded. This fixed it:

<IfModule !mod_asis.c>
LoadModule  asis_module    modules/mod_asis.so
</IfModule>

In my (feeble) defense I think I would have expected some
warnings/errors in the log when referring to an unknown handler. (i.e.
in SetHandler, AddHandler or in RewriteRule with "H" flag).
For example, in the logs it would say as output from rewrite module:
   "force filename /mytest/httpd/send-401.asis to have the
Content-handler 'send-as-is'"
and I must admit I took that line as if it was using that handler. But
I know realize that this log statement only indicates intent.

In any case:  Thank you!!      Excellent community response to my
somewhat border case.

/Lars