Re: Apache shows PHP code instead of executing it

On 1/6/21 4:01 PM, dino@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> This is because you did not tell apache to forward incoming HTTP
> requests to the PHP Engine.
> You can integrate Apache httpd with PHP in different ways, generally
> they are PHP-FPM (through fastcgi), mod_php (apache SAPI module) and CGI
> (discouraged because is very slow and does not scale well).

Umm - use mod_php.  I know that the PHP website docs suggest otherwise,
but they are wrong.  It is the only way to integrate PHP into apache.
It might use more memory.  That is fine.  Memory is cheap.

if you use Linux there is no problems and frankly threads and processes
both share light weight processes

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mpm.html
https://tldp.org/FAQ/Threads-FAQ/Types.html
https://www.kernel.org/doc/ols/2002/ols2002-pages-330-337.pdf
https://www.php.net/manual/en/faq.installation.php#faq.installation.apache2
https://www.php.net/manual/en/install.unix.apache2.php

Packing the PHP instance in a threaded fastcgi process is exactly what
you don't want.  Integrating it into the Apache runtime prevents needing
to create an entire clone call and all subsequent fork() calls,
http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com