Re: GET working but POST failing with error 502

Yann Ylavic,

> This sounds like a crash or something which causes Redmine
> to close the connection upon receipt of the POST request
> (without any response).

The people at Bitnami asked me to try with port 3001 instead
of 81, explaining that Redmine's Thin server is on 3001, and
Apache is just a proxy.  When I made that change, POST
started to work:

   https://community.bitnami.com/t/redmine-rest-api-post-requests-failing-with-error-502/89345/10

> I don't know what a "Bitnami Redmine stack" httpd
> configuration looks like unfortunately.

I can easily pack and send you a bunch of config files if
won't mind it.

> There should be a line like:
>
>     ProxyPass ... http://127.0.0.1:3002 ...
>
> or:
>
>     <Location "/...">
>         ProxyPass http://127.0.0.1:3002 ...
>     </Location>
>
> somewhere, and adding disablereuse=on to the end of this
> ProxyPass line would disable connection reuse.

That ProxyPass setting has come up many times in context of
this error 502, but the catch is that is commented out in
our version of

   apache2\conf\httpd.conf

> If that changes nothing, something is happening in the
> Redmine application which httpd really can't know about.

Now that it works with port 3001, I think Redmine itself is
allright.

> If Redmine crashed (which could explain why there are no
> logs on its side), you should see something like "child
> pid <pid> exit signal..."  in one of the log files.

I see nothing of the sort under

   apache2\logs\

> Possibly you could ask on Bitnami forums how to get more
> traces from Redmine.

I have done so (see link above).