Re: Reverse proxy for app that only serves compressed content

On 10/9/20 6:15 PM, Nick Kew wrote:
That would appear to be a bug.  Indeed, a regression since I did extensive testing
of the proxy and fixed a number of far-more-arcane bugs some years ago[1].
It seems implausible, and your test with curl seems to contradict it.

I'm not sure I follow this, but note that the curl test was showing the
behavior of the backend iDRAC, not the proxy.

It also looks like questionable behaviour from the backend: if it's doing
content negotiation (as implied by it reacting to Accept-Encoding) then
this would seem to apply:

It's a server BMC, so questionable (or worse) behavior is to be
expected.