From: @lbutlr <kremels@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 19, 2020 8:44 AM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: client removal of .htaccess file

On 19 Jul 2020, at 05:48, Joel <jm-hotmail@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does the .htaccess file physically remain in the directory where it was initially loaded?  Or, does the server remove, transfer, or otherwise dispose of the file?

Impossible for anyone else to answer this who is not in charge of the server.

Just as an example, one on server I had to deal with, the user could overwrite or delete .htaccess, but the system replaced it with the system-defined one any time the user did this.

In short, the host can do anything they want.

--
Forgive your enemies, but remember their names.