Apache memory usage

Anyone here know a good way to tell what Apache may be chewing up memory on?

I have Apache running purely as a reverse proxy (not hosting anything), timeouts configured everywhere and good cleanup on threads, scoreboard staying clean,  but after a clean restart it will slowly climb and climb throughout the day using more and more memory then when it hits around 85% we start seeing core notices, then warnings and finally errors and death.

child segmentation fault (notice)
still did not exit (SIGTERM) warning
still did not exit (SIGTERM) error

Every process is dead from above logs entries except one remaining that will not stop and no responses anymore from apache without kill -9 and restarting.

thx in advance,
Danny