Re: RemoteIPProxyProtocolExceptions with negated IP list

On Friday 08 May 2020 at 13:16:28, Marc Haber wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a vhost in a https-only IPv6-only setup and would like to make
> the web site hosted there reachable from the IPv4 Internet.

Is the vhost capable of dealing with IPv4 queries if you can only manage to
get them to the machine?

> On a dual-homed host, I have sniproxy that forwards requests coming in via
> IPv4 over IPv6 depending on the SNI header. The web server is directly
> reachable from the IPv6 Internet without proxy.

How about a completely different approach - set up a VPN connection between
your dual-homed host and the IPv6-only web server, to tunnel IPv4 requests and

Then you publish the real IPv6 address of the server as your DNS AAAA address,
and the IPv4 address of the dual-homed host as the A address.  The dual-homed
host tunnels all requests (source and destination still both IPv4) to the
vhost, and it routes all IPv4 traffic back across the VPN.

No need for HTTPS interception etc.; you're just tunneling all requests
directly to the machine which has the certificate on it.

Antony.

--
How many Prolog programmers does it take to change a lightbulb?
No.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.