Re: Faulty logic in Require directive

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply.  It is good to eliminate that from the possible causes of the slow response.  I'll investigate further and see what else I can learn about the problem.

Regards
Mal

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 8:54 PM Eric Covener <covener@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 6:34 AM Mal Goris <mal.goris@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble with the speed of execution of authorization for a webdav site.  After a lot of trial and error I think there are two parts to this problem.  This email is addressing just the first part.  The problem, as I describe it, may sound trivial but I have cut the configuration down as far as I can to get at the root of the problem.  In its cut down state there is no noticeable response delay, but in the normal state of operation it can take 10 seconds to get a response from the server.  If anyone can point out what I might be doing wrong that would be great.

This is expected. Apache uses the Require directive in two phases, and
in the earliest phase checks that require authentication to have been
performed are not evaluated.
I doubt either phase eats significant time out of 10 seconds, it's
just noisy while tracing.