Re: Apache2 2.4.18

Hi Eric,

Thanks for reply
I am not in coding & new at web servers.

Can u please guide exactly what I have do to.
As simply restart of Apache solves the problem but this event is unexpected and then we need to monitor error logs continuously

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020, 9:26 PM Eric Covener <covener@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 11:49 AM Thomas Plant
<thomas@plant.systems.invalid> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> do not know if this applies to your problem, but I had the same error a
> few months ago, in a server acting as 'normal' http server, not a proxy
> setup. I'm using MPM worker and an httpd, 2.4.6 from CentOS, and had to set
>
> MaxRequestsPerChild 0
>
> in the worker configuration. On CentOS 7 it is under
> /etc/httpd/conf.modules.d/00-mpm.conf.
> Maybe this helps in your case too.

It could very well be related. If processes are trying to exit, but
can't fully exit due to some kind of hard loop/hang, they will count
against the scoreboard but not actually be usable workers.
Later versions of event are slightly better behaved.

Ultimately I suggest finding what exiting httpd processes are busy
doing and seeing if timeouts can be added.  Or if some buggy code is
looping.