Re: Apache 2.4.6 - ErrorLog

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 3:46 PM Jim Albert <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In use of CentOS7 servers and the included apache, I'm moving to
Apache/2.4.6

It appears something related to ErrorLog has changed.
I'm using what I have always used:
ErrorLog "logs/error_log"

and I do see messages going to logs/error_log such as start/stop and
certain types of errors such as access denied, but something simple like
a file not found error is not getting logged outside of certain scripts
not being found associated with SriptAlias definitions.

But just a request to https://'my_web_server'/no_such_file.html does not
get logged as not found as it used to in earlier apache. Nothing related
to this file not being found gets printed to logs/error_log.

I've checked docs on ErrorLog along with httpd.conf and .htaccess files,
but nothing is jumping out at me as relevant to this behavior.

Note LogLevel setting:
LogLevel warn

Right, if the file isn't found the client asked for a non-existent resource.
Nothing to be "warned" of.

Try LogLevel info (or event debug) if you want to see higher resolution
details about errors caused by the client, as opposed to errors in your
configuration that the operator needs to act on.