Re: protect apache to stop work if logdir is missing

On 9 Sep 2019, at 10:13, Anton Gorlov <stalker@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 09.09.2019 19:07, @lbutlr пишет:
>> On 9 Sep 2019, at 09:57, Anton Gorlov <stalker@xxxxxxxx>
>>  wrote:
>>
>>> I need the web server to continue working if the user has deleted the log directory.
>>>
>> I would solve this by preventing the user from deleting the directory or recreating it on deletion, not by patching the source code.
>
> unfortunately I can’t prevent users from deleting directories

Why not? If that is the case, do not put the log folders in the user’s space and instead replicate logs for the users who do want them.

Either way, patching the source code doesn’t seem like the solution.

--
"He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends.." Oscar
Wilde