Re: Compiling Apache with Non-System OpenSSL

Hello,

Yes, you are almost there.

As you say, the solution is to point to OpenSSL desired libs in LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Generally you can find a file called "envvars" in apache bin directory
which can be used for that, just add your path to the new openssl/lib
directory there and next time you start httpd with its script
"apachectl" it will load envvars file and the required libs will be
available.

Of course the envvars is there for convenience, if you find a more
convenient way for you of having the openssl/lib dir in
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, just use it.

El mar., 30 jul. 2019 a las 7:15, Nigel B. Peck
(<nigelbpeck@xxxxxxxxx>) escribió:

> Hi,
>
> Having some trouble compiling Apache with non-system OpenSSL, any help
> appreciated. Looked at many threads online but no answers so far.
>
> I'm compiling Apache using non-system-installed libraries for APR,
> APR-Util, OpenSSL and PCRE. It works fine, and compiles from the
> provided libraries. However, httpd then can't find the OpenSSL
> libraries.
>
> I'm compiling with...
>
> ./configure \
>         --prefix=${PREFIX} \
>         --with-included-apr \
>         --with-pcre=${BASE_DIR}/pcre/bin/pcre-config \
>         --with-ssl=${BASE_DIR}/openssl
>
> Which works fine, but then httpd isn't linked to the OpenSSL libraries
> as it is for PCRE.
>
> ldd...
>         libssl.so.1.1 => not found
>         libcrypto.so.1.1 => not found
>         libpcre.so.1 => /path/to/pcre/lib/libpcre.so.1 (0x00007f01cde04000)
>
> Is there any way I can resolve this without having to add the location
> to LD_LIBRARY_PATH?
>
> Thanks
> Nigel

Daniel Ferradal