Re: Tuning Apache Web Server Parameters

Yeah, I have double checked that. I have set the ServerValue param to a larger value. In fact, even when I reduce the MaxRequestWorkers it does not reduce. Is graceful restart supposed to load that configuration and make it affect?

On Thu, 2 May 2019 at 19:52, Rainer Canavan <rainer.canavan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 11:57 AM Supun Abeysinghe <supun.14@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on a project to dynamically tune the parameters of the Apache web server. I'm particularly looking at changing MaxRequestWorkers (formerly known as MaxClients) parameter by looking at runtime characteristics. I have tried setting the parameter using the /etc/apache2/apache2.conf file, and gracefully restarting the server. However, the value set for MaxRequestWorkers does not seem to get reflected after the restart (I checked the running processes). Is there any alternative way of doing this?

Are you sure you're not hitting ServerLimit
(https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/en/mod/mpm_common.html#serverlimit)?

rainer