Re: Re: Updating to php 7.0 and having apache still work?

Then you ARE using the current mod_proxy_fcgi and not the old one, it's important to not confuse each when using / consulting docs, I suggest you reading this:

https://wiki.apache.org/httpd/PHP-FPM

If you are truly using mod_proxy_fcgi then it's only PHP-FPM fault, not httpd, you should not even touch httpd config for this change depending on how your socked/daemon is configured. I recommend you to double check what php-fpm is creating on start (what socket names / paths / ports) and double check / compare running 5.6 and 7.0.

In fact, you can run both versions at the same time using different sockets / ports.

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 5:07 PM @lbutlr <kremels@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 01 Oct 2018, at 13:49, Filipe Cifali <cifali.filipe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This seems to be a problem inside mod_fcgi and not httpd, proxies in general don't care about what's the language behind it, as long as the protocol is being respected.

Yes, that was my understanding as well, but even when I recompiled apache24 (which includes PROXY_FCGI) it still failed.

> Are you sure you are not getting into trouble just because you are not using mod_proxy_fcgi instead?

I am using

LoadModule proxy_fcgi_module libexec/apache24/mod_proxy_fcgi.so

> Anyway, I would recommend you to check what you are installing, maybe the binaries changed names or they are being installed with a suffix like php7-fpm, php7-bin, etc and the httpd config needs to be changed to reflect that accordingly.

Php-fpm doesn’t have any version identification in the file name, unlike many php modules.

--
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere,
someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over