Re: configuring mod_proxy_ftp for client ip logging

On 24.07.2018 19:28, Harbo, Peter wrote:
The mod_proxy_ftp module is working fine for me using release 2.4.25 to send urls matching a pattern to a proftpd server running on the same system.  I have noticed that the source IP address in the ftpd log is the same as the httpd running the mod_proxy_ftp module.  Am I correct in assuming that neither mod_remoteip nor any other configuration options of httpd can cause httpd's ftp proxy module to spoof the IP address of the client sending the request to httpd?  Otherwise this works nicely but we need the correct IP addresses in the proftpd log for metrics.
why not just letting the folks directly to the FTP with anonymous?
so there is no need of this proxy module and you have the real IP addresses in the log;