RE: https not working

If "the request never reaches the server" then it's most likely a
firewall issue.

You should try to telnet to port 443 from a) the localhost, b) a
machine on the same network, c) a machine on a different (ideally
external) network. If you get a "hang", as opposed to "connection
refused", then it's very likely a firewall. Which of the above you
are (or aren't) able to connect from will give you a hint of whether
it's local to the machine or at the network level. If you get a
"connection refused" response, then the issue is that httpd isn't
listening on that port.

Note, from your output it looks like you only have this (only)
configured for ipv6, which constrains what is and isn't going to
work. You're going to need to understand whether the telnet test
above is being done from ipv4 or v6 in order to interpret the results.

   - Richard