Re: Oddity using FallbackResource in PHP development

Do you have a handler configured for .php that might interfere here? If you have something like mod_php or fpm handling .php extensions, that may take over from the generic file handler (which is what FallbackResource works for) and try to serve it instead.

A solution, if this is the case, would be to only assign that handler to route.php, and not .php in general.