Re: Correctly configuring OCSP Stapling cache

> Am 18.01.2018 um 20:10 schrieb Johannes Bauer <dfnsonfsduifb@xxxxxx>:
>
> Hi Stefan,
>
> On 18.01.2018 10:00, Stefan Eissing wrote:
>> Yes, this is definitely an area where the server can and should be
>> improved. Marat already provided the link to the article discussing
>> this last year and the situation is unchanged, unfortunately. Not for
>> lack of recognition of the problem, but more a lack of time and
>> effort, I think.
>
> I'm thinking about coding an OCSP proxy that would cache responses. It
> could be used for other webservers as well that do not have desirable
> caching behavior. The forced redirect option of Apache allows for this
> to be integrated easily.

If you want to write code, a good place in Apache nowadays is mod_md
for such a thing:
- it knows about all domains and looks at certs already (well, for
  the configured domains at least)
- it actively scans domains for needs, e.g. could renew responses
  periodically instead of request triggered
- it has file system persistence
- it has a proxy-able HTTP client

If I would not be busy otherwise...

-Stefan