Re: Apache Reverse Proxy and NTLM Authentication Help!

Yes, its the backend server that is doing the authentication. I see 401 errors - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials

Here are reference posts with similar problems, to give you some understanding of my problem. The last one has lot of details, and explains "
Tying authentication to a connection" I think.

https://sourceforge.net/p/mod-security/mailman/message/10663229/
https://serverfault.com/questions/167046/apache-reverse-proxy-server-and-ssl-ntlm-sharepoint
https://lists.gt.net/apache/users/451692

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 11:04 AM, Nick Kew <niq@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2017-11-09 at 10:24 -0700, Deanna Stevenson wrote:

> The traffic seems to be proxied right as I get the authentication
> popup window, but the window keeps popping up even after supplying
> correct credentials.

That's the backend that's authenticating, right?  What does its
log say?  Do you need proxy-chain-auth?

> After researching it turned out to be related with maintaining
> persistent connections. So, I added "KeepAlive On" to the virtual
> hosts config file, but this doesn't seem to have helped.

That doesn't look right.  Tying authentication to a connection
would be a complete violation of HTTP, and prevent it working
in pretty-much any situation with a general-purpose browser.

--
Nick Kew