Re: RE: Web sockets & proxypass - No protocol handler was valid for the URL

Hi Eric,

Thanks so much for taking the time to generate a working config.

Initially it didn’t work (the RewriteCond was not matching), so I performed a packet capture on the request leaving my browser, and compared it with a packet capture arriving at the apache process.  This revealed that the Upgrade header was set by browser (as previously noted), but was missing when request arrived at Apache process.

Turns out that my Squid proxy server was stripping off the Upgrade header, as per this discussion thread here:

http://lists.squid-cache.org/pipermail/squid-users/2017-January/013953.html

After bypassing squid, the config worked perfectly.

Thanks again for your assistance Eric.

Regards,
Damien.