Re: Honouring the DNS ttl in proxy-pass

one of the side effects of reusing the backend connections is to force the Apache child process to cache the DNS resolution for its life (that is until a main restart happens or when MaxConnectionsPerChild is met), so I am afraid that if you need something more flexible you'd need to deploy something like https://www.unbound.net on the host running Apache to reduce the DNS resolution latencies (and the pressure to your DNS resolvers).

Hope it helps,

   Hi Luca,

   Thanks for your answer. Makes a lot of sense, the worker will just use the translation (I guess it simply call gethostbyname) as long as it lives, so I surely need too use DisableReuse=on and then rely on something like dnsmask or unbound. I can’t rely on MaxConnectionsPerChild because the translation may have changed before it happens.

   Best!

   Gus