Unreliable Fedora 26 installation using a kickstart file

Dear listers
I never had such an unreliable installation as the one for fedora 26. I am a long time user of fedora (at least since 2003).

The HW here:
1. Workstation with two disks, each having its own fedora installation. On each fedora bare-metal installation there is a fedora installation under VirtualBox. All four installations are of MBR type.
2. Laptop with UEFI type installation.
There are 5 installations to be done.

My fedora installation:
I am an Xfce4 user, so i don't use any of the worksation spins of fedora. I install fedora in the following way:

- write the Fedora-Server-netinst-x86_64-26-1.5.iso to an USB stick
- prepare a ks file on a local web for a minimal install
- boot from the USB stick with the ks file specified to the kernel
- run the installation
- dnf update
- dnf groupinstall "Xfce Desktop"
- dnf install sddm
- systemctl enable --force sddm
- reboot
- with the Xfce Desktop being activ install all needed packages and do the final system setup

My problems:
During the download process, the installation broke down at different stages:
- while downloading packet metadata (i.e. at the very beginning)
- while downloading group metadata
- while downloading the packages (mainly past 50 %)
Anaconda then showed a window saing that it could not download such and such package, and that the failure was fatal. The only choice left was Stop Install. While this window was shown I tried to get into terminal mode (CTRL-ALT-F2) to find a reason for the breakdown, but I couldn't find any log. Once, the download process went through successfully but then the installation hung when Installing Boot-Loader. This was on the Laptop with UEFI.

In about 30 to 35 retrials I finally could realize the 5 installations.

When searching around for work-arounds I found a discussion (in a blog?) of the above problem, that the installation of fedora 26 becomes unreliable when using a kickstart file. But no work-around was offered.

suomi