Re: adding footer to all web pages

Google Analytics, by default, only tracks pages by path.

Meaning if you add a Google Analytics snippet to all virtual hosts visitors to the home page of each site will be almost impossible to distinguish from each other in the reports...there are ways around this but you should be aware of it.

I believe you'll want to review the documentation for server side includes (SSI).