How to customize error responses (while using mod_rewrite)?

Hi,

my general question is how I can generate customized error responses while using the mod_rewrite module. Yes, I know the page

 https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/custom-error.html

but the ErrorDocument directive allows only to do some customization per status code optionally refined by context but I want to output customized error pages specifically for many different request conditions determined mainly by various RewriteCond directives.

Here an actual special example: On a server running httpd 2.4 I want to disallow the HTTPS access using the TLSv1.0 protocol. To order do that not too "hard" but a little bit client-friendly TLSv1.0 accesses aren't yet really disabled but redirected for a limited period to an according information page. Currently that is realized with the following configuration

 RewriteCond %{SSL:SSL_PROTOCOL} ^TLSv1$
 RewriteRule (.*) /https_tlsv10.html [R=permanent,L]

The big disadvantage of that solution is that it returns an obviously incorrect HTTP response status code 301 ("Moved Permanently") but I want that the server returns an appropriate 4xx or 5xx status code (ok, I am not sure what would be an "appropriate" one). By the way, the current 301 redirection let some bots (using still TLSv1.0) nevertheless access that information page many thousand times (but maybe they would that do also with a returned 4xx or 5xx response status code).

Unfortunately for the RewriteRule directive for e.g. a Rewrite flag R=4xx instead of R=permanent isn't allowed (only 300-399, why?) so I had considered the usage of the <If> directive but didn't find a working solution.

So maybe the only working solution is the detour via an external CGI program.

Probably I have something overseen, so any ideas or comments?

Jens