Re: Headers blocking application content

Hello Saikiran,

First of all, thanks for asking for help on this.
Many other users may also be having difficulty with these issues.

But one thing to keep in mind, "suggest a fix immediately" is not something that should be expected of a group of open source volunteers.

The first thing that I would suggest is that we take a look at Content Security Policy in detail.
Here are a couple of links:
- https://www.w3.org/TR/CSP11/#directive-frame-ancestors
- https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Clickjacking_Defense_Cheat_Sheet#Defending_with_Content_Security_Policy_frame-ancestors_directive

The first thing I see is that blocking application content would the desired intention.
But in your case the blocking seems to be overactive.

This directive is an agreement between browser and application server.
So you would need to examine both to make sure that they can handle this directive as expected.
Here is an excerpt from one of the links:

Limitations  (Of Content Security Policy frame-ancestors directive)

  • Browser support: frame-ancestors is not supported by all the major browsers yet.
  • X-Frame-Options takes priority: Section 7.7.1 of the CSP Spec says X-Frame-Options should be ignored if frame-ancestors is specified, but Chrome 40 & Firefox 35 ignore the frame-ancestors directive and follow the X-Frame-Options header instead.
So this could explain the different behavior you are seeing from the different browsers.
Secondly, I would double check the intent of each of the directives you are using in your Content-Security-Policy example.
Beyond this, it may be helpful if you were to provide a few more details on how you are using Apache HTTP Server for this.
(httpd version?, which MPM? using as a reverse proxy?)

Thanks,

Mike