Re: Unstable PHP under Apache

Still poking around with this and one thing seems very odd to me.

Coded exactly as shown in the Apache docs, php is NOT invoked by a php
script.  What I mean is:

This is from the docs, as I understand them:
-----------------------------
# Add FCGI changes
<IfModule fcgid_module>
FcgidMaxRequestsPerProcess 10000

Alias /phpapp/ /httpd/
<Location /phpapp/>
##<Directory /httpd/*>
    AddHandler fcgid-script .php
##    AllowOverride None
    Options +ExecCGI
#  Caution - if the version of Apache is updated then probably
#            this wrapper script will need to be updated too
    FcgidWrapper /usr/apache-2.4.25/bin/php-wrapper .php
    Require all granted
#

##</Directory>
</Location>
</IfModule>
-------------------------------
Passes the apachectl -t test for syntax, but outputs only the html portion
of the page.

This one at least invokes php
--------------------------------
# Add FCGI changes
<IfModule fcgid_module>
FcgidMaxRequestsPerProcess 10000

#Alias /phpapp/ /httpd/
#<Location /phpapp/>
<Directory /httpd/*>
    AddHandler fcgid-script .php
##    AllowOverride None
    Options +ExecCGI
#  Caution - if the version of Apache is updated then probably
#            this wrapper script will need to be updated too
    FcgidWrapper /usr/apache-2.4.25/bin/php-wrapper .php
    Require all granted
#

</Directory>
#</Location>
</IfModule>
Starts php-cgi but outputs "No Input file specified".

No error messages in http error log in either case.

John