Apache Builds on Linux

Preface this with new to this subject but:

We have always used an apache instance that was a bundled solution, such at IBM version, and now want to build our own. The build process is well documented, that is not the issue, the deployment is the issue.
what I did was use a prefix like /opt/BaseBuild and that works as expected but now when I copy that Apache to a new home,  say /opt/WebSite/Apache1 and try to start it, it keeps pointing to /opt/BaseBuild.

I tried editing all the config files to use the new home, but it looks like the path the logs/files/libraries are all hard coded to the orignal path and noticed that If you remove/ rename the orginal path, Apache will no longer start.
Assume I am going about this wrong, and want to really build a deployable version of Apache to be used many times with a minor change in the path on many servers.
A google does not really show how to do this, so either I am doing it wrong, or this is not common practice, but still something I need to do.

Here is a sample config command:

./configure --prefix=/ opt/BaseBuild  --with-suexec-bin=bin/suexec   --enable-mods-shared=all --with-mpm=worker --enable-ssl  --with-ssl   --enable-proxy   --enable-cache  --enable-disk-ache --with-ldap  --enable-ldap --enable-authnz-ldap  --enable-cgid  --enable-authn-anon --enable-file-cache --enable-authn-alias  --disable-imagemapc

Then you make,  and Make install.

Thanks.

MFS Email system made the following annotation
This email communication and any attachments may contain proprietary, confidential, or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this email in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. The sender does not waive confidentiality or any privilege by mistransmission. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately, delete this email, and destroy all copies and any attachments.