Re: Error nghttp2 version is too old

The source code:

https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/modules/http2/config2.m4?revision=1779742&view=markup#l124

> AC_MSG_CHECKING([for nghttp2 version >= 1.2.1])

Just prints the "Checking..." message. The actual check is below -
compilation of some snippet.

> AC_TRY_COMPILE([#include <nghttp2/nghttp2ver.h>],[

If compilation and test succeed then the following assignment happens:
"ac_cv_nghttp2=yes".

Apparently the compilation and test failed, and the variable was not assigned.

The following block

> if test "x$ac_cv_nghttp2" = "xyes"; then
> [ a lot of lines checking capabilities and setting some flags ]
> else
>   AC_MSG_WARN([nghttp2 version is too old])
> fi

The "if" branch was skipped and "else" branch printed the warning.

I suggest you to check what is the actual value of NGHTTP2_VERSION_NUM.

> checking for user-provided nghttp2 base directory...

Try to specify the path explicitly,
  --with-nghttp2=PATH