Re: Forward Proxy on behalf of the client instead of as a tunnel

> I spent some time looking at the P option for mod_rewrite but I got the impression that it would only work in the case of the reverse proxy situation.  I was not able to get it to work but I wanted to make sure you thought there was potential for that to help with my forward proxy issue before I spent a lot more time on it.

I think it's a matter of definitions: I'd call it forward proxy already if client decides what services to connect to, and proxy server is specified on it as, well, proxy. In any case, it does not matter much how you call it.

In your case you'll need rather simple rewrite rule that changes URLs of all requests from http to https, with P option, and that's all. It is hard to say more without doing experiments.
--

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili