Re: Apache connection limit

Hi!

Hi All,

I am using Apache as a forward cache proxy and configured with prefork module using below settings.

<IfModule mpm_prefork_module>
    StartServers        200
    MinSpareServers     50
    MaxSpareServers     100
    ServerLimit         1000
    MaxRequestWorkers   1000
    MaxConnectionsPerChild      1000
</IfModule>

But no of concurrent connections is not increasing above 250. Please let me know why connection count is not increasing 250 with above configuration.

Some questions that might help since afaics the configuration should allow to pass the 250 limit:

- How did you measure the 250 limit? Have you load tested the server?
- Are you sure that you are not hitting a limit in your proxied backend?
- Have you checked the Scoreboard in mod_status when the limit is reached? What are the statues of the workers?
- Is there anything in the httpd error log that might indicate a configuration issue?

One thing that looks odd is the low MaxConnectionsPerChild, it might trigger a lot of Graceful children kills under high traffic.

Hope that helps!

Luca