Re: ** MOD_RELEASE ** Apache2.x (mod_fence) Flood/DOS/DDOS Protection + stuck detection

At 04:26 PM 12/5/2016 +0100, DaVieS wrote:
Hi Everyone!

As a FullStack I had a very long headache with Apache, especially with crappy and slowly pages, that the PHP stucks (FLOCK() && Session) the processes over-time until the webserver become unavailable meanwhile unfortunately slow pages (1-4 secs) will able to kill the whole webserver with hammering F5 or with external help (with mod_evasive On and/or nginx rate limiting).

On 3 November I posted a question about mod_evasive and here's another one. Could someone involved with Apache "background" please advise (on- or off-list) if such mods, distributed under the Apache license, have gone through any form of QA?

tnx -- paul

In the case described before we made a module that only mitigate requests when unfinished jobs remaining in apache and its stopped my headache as well and it is available for public,
"Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0".

(Links below does not contains any advertising)

If you are interesting how is it works please visit: https://web-flood-test.npulse.net/ If you are interested for source: https://devel.npulse.net/npulse-public/mod_fence If you are interested for our article about the problem: https://npulse.net/en/apache-php-stuck-session-bug-mod_fence-protection-dos-ddos-protection

Feel free to test / use / share and also pull requests are welcome.