Re: Re: apache 2.4 core dump on launch, no error logging

On Thu, 2016-11-17 at 08:08 -0700, @lbutlr wrote:
> On Nov 17, 2016, at 3:56 AM, Nick Kew <niq@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2016-11-16 at 12:12 -0700, @lbutlr wrote:
> >> When launching apache 2.4 I get a core dump. Nothing is logged to the http-error log. I’ve tried rebuilding it to no avail. Ideas?
> >>
> > At the top of your coredump is libpcre.  Could it be that your
> > httpd has been built against a different/slightly incompatible
> > pcre version?
>
> Maybe? I’ve rebuilt apache several times and there’s been no change in behavior, and I’ve updated all port versions as of yesterday.
>
> PCRE-8.39 is installed. I’m not sure how to tell if http is trying to access a different version.

On second thoughts, I was completely misreading your info.
Comes of trying to reply while also listening to a talk at ApacheCon.

OpenSSL is possibly implicated at the end of your dump.  But your
Apachectl -M doesn't list mod_ssl.  Possibly mod_php is loading it.
Indeed, if httpd and php were linked against *different versions* of
the same library (which could be OpenSSL or pcre or something else
entirely), that would likely segfault.

Finally, you shouldn't load both mod_cgi and mod_cgid.
Pick one or the other, but not both.

--
Nick Kew